HALF DAY TOUR
SUWON HWASEONG FORTRESS UNESCO & KOREAN FOLK VILLAGE TOUR
Fee KR 85,000₩/ US 85$ (p/p)
Minimum / Time 5 People / 14:00 – 20:00 (6hours)
Inclusions Transportation, Admission fee and Tour guide, meal(8$ Korean dishes)
Itinerary Novotel Ambossador Suwon Hotel – Suwon Hwaseong Fortress– Korean Folk
village – Dinner – Novotel Ambossador Suwon Hotel
Suwon Hwaseong Fortress
Suwon Hwaseong Fortress was constructed by king Jeongjo (reigning 1777~1800), the 22nd king of Joseon dynasty (1392-1910)
The fortress walls of Suwon Hwaseong remain intact almost as the original form as it was constructed 200 years ago. The Suwoncheon River, which flowed through Buksumun (or Hwaheungmun) watergate, still flows through the watergate, and the road network linking Paldalmun, Janganmun, Hwaseong Haenggung, and Changrongmun are still used as an important part of the road network of current Suwon city. The construction of the fortress was motivated by political and economic purposes as well as the filial piety of the king to his father, rather than by military one. Thus, the fortress can be said to symbolize “hyo,” filial piety, part of East Asian philosophy, and so it has spiritual and philosophical value, in addition to cultural one.
The Suwon Hwaseong Fortress was designated as the Historical Remains No. 3, and has been managed as such. As subsidiary cultural assets, it has Paldalmon gate (Treasure No. 402), Hwaseomun gate (Treasure No. 403), Janganmun gate, and Gongsimdon, etc. The Suwon Hwaseong Fortress was chosen to be registered as an UNESCO World Heritage in December 1997.
Korean Folk Village
Korean Folk Village was created with a view to presenting the national culture to local and international tourists by collecting in one place the folk customs in our culture that have been passed down for a long time. The Joseon period village in KFV is composed of real houses relocated and reconstructed from different parts of the country, thus enacting the culture in daily life through four seasons based on thorough historical verification and consultation. Presenting experience-style outdoor exhibitions, craft in daily life continuing traditional methods, and seasonal customs marked by solar terms.
KFV has since its foundation in 1974 been loved as a tourist destination that provides vivid cultural experience as well as traditional culture set in beautiful nature.
– We may require minimum number of people in the group (at least 5 people).
– All of tour programs should be booked in advance, at least before 5days.
– On-site tour reservation may be paid in cash or credit card.
– The participants must show up at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled
– The tour itinerary may be changed according to the local situations.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
– Cancellation request 3 day before the tour date : 50% of the listed tour fee for penalty
– Cancellation request after tour departure or no-show : 100% of the listed tour fee for penalty
– Airport pick-up and sending service
– Pre and Post Tour in Korea
– Hotel Arrangement
– Individual City Tour
THE OFFICIAL TRAVEL AGENCY
– Housing Bureau: HanaTour
– TEL: +82-2-365-1500 (09:00am~18:00pm, closed on weekend)
– E-mail: email@example.com